jennifer

jennifer

Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow Day!




I must admit, I have been surprisingly happy with the winter thus far!  It is no secret I am not a big fan of the winter.  I like warm, breezy days wearing a light sweater and cute shoes.  I can do without winter boots, scarfs, gloves, hats and snow pants etc.!  But that is not the reality around here.  However, Christmas came and went without any snow in sight.  Inside I was doing a happy dance as the kids wondered how Santa would get here with no snow!  I get it, kids love snow but I knew there was plenty of winter left and they would get their wish.  It was just nice to attend holiday festivities in cute shoes, (I have a thing for shoes especially heals which are not practical in the snow and ice)  and not to have to worry about snowy icy roads.  As an added bonus it has not been too cold here either.  Fairly mild in the 30's and 40's!


I knew it would not last, but the fact that we are just getting snow now and January is more than half over makes me smile.  Our snow storm did cancel school for the day, but it really was not that much snow and the kids were thrilled so it was a win win all around!  My dream would to have it snow once a month for four months and then call it quits!  One can dream RIGHT. . . . . . 


































No comments:

Post a Comment