jennifer

jennifer

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bittersweet!

         This time of year is always filled with mixed emotions for me.  While I love the fall and all the things it entails, I can't help but think of the wonderful summer and the warmth we will soon leave behind.  And while I love the start of a new school year and all of things that entails, I will miss our carefree summer of sleeping in and all of the fun things we all did. Bittersweet for sure!
          Surprisingly, the kids were off to a great start this morning.  Dare I say they were actually looking forward to getting back to school and seeing all their friends.  Not sure if I will go that far, but this is actually the first year Hannah did not cry.  By cry, I mean award winning dramatics!  I often felt like a bad mom pushing her on that bus.  Not this year.  Alas, my little girl is growing up.  Hunter and Finley seemed in great spirits as well.  All is right in the my little world and I know what that means, something is bound to go wrong tomorrow.  But, I will hold on strong to this day when this thing called motherhood seemed easy for once!

Hunter leaves almost an hour before the other kids.  Luckily he is an early riser!







Showing off their new backpacks!

Hannah just adores Finley and He adores her as well.  They are so excited to be at the same school this year!




I look so tired in this picture.  Honestly I was up all night.  I get more nervous than the kids.  You would think I was the one going to school. Ha!





Cooper, Marissa, Sydney, Hannah and Finley.  Neighbors all at Wilkins school together this year!


         

         

No comments:

Post a Comment