jennifer

jennifer

Friday, October 11, 2013

Sunday Runday!



             Last Sunday was the BIG day.  The Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon.  My friend Lisa and I have been training and training for this race, her second and my first.  I have always enjoyed running as a way to exercise and as a stress release. Ha!  I would always run about five miles or so and that was that, no reason to run much more.  I never thought about running races and never imagined running a half marathon, until my friend Lisa.  She moved into our neighborhood two years ago and it's been run at first sight!  I helped her train for this race last year and decided I would make it a goal to run it this year.  Which I did, in the cold rainy wind, but that would not stop us!  It felt so good!  Can't wait to do another!  
Race Time 1:49:19 















         I think these pictures of me are hilarious.  First of all, why am I biting my lips so much.  Second of all, it looks like I'm trying to cross so dainty, like I am afraid I will step on something.  In reality I was pushing myself so hard to just get done. HA!



       Thanks for a great run Lisa.  Couldn't have done it without you! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment