jennifer

jennifer

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Trot Your Turkey's Off!


              The day after thanksgiving we woke up to a balmy 20 something degrees with a bitter wind and thought what a day for our annual turkey trot in town.    Always the day after Thanksgiving, the trot your turkey off is a 5k as well as a one mile run.  This year was soooo cold!  I'm talking can't feel my lips or even my feet cold, but what fun!   This was my first race I entered last year when I started running.  It was fun to see how much I have improved in just one year.  I cut almost three minutes off my time and finished 22:03.  Third place for females and first in my age group!  I really enjoy running so much!  It is such a great outlet for my health and sanity. Ha!
This is the first time the kids ran the one mile and they did great!  Finley is seriously a super star.  Finished third place overall!  Ryland did so great too!  I thought he would be running right along side his Dad.  Finley and I were waiting at the finish line and could not believe our eyes when he was running alone!  Leaving his Dad in the dust.  Too Funny!  Chris eventually finished with an ample serving of humble pie.  Someone needs to start the new year with a new fitness routine.  Love you honey. Ha!
Hannah did great and I was so proud of her efforts.










Serious runner like his mom!






Cutest little guy ever.  Working so hard at finishing the mile and did not stop once!



The boys chatting after the race wondering where Dad is?!


Oh!  There you are dad.  Slow and steady!




 Looking good girl.  Work it!






The sweetest turkey of Thanksgiving.  Love school projects !:)

No comments:

Post a Comment