jennifer

jennifer

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas All Wrapped Up!

The last few weeks leading up to Christmas have been super busy in the Raudelunas household.  We have been:

Making gingerbread houses and gingerbread boys and girls!


Visiting Santa!
Baking up a storm!

Speaking of baking.  Ever since I was a child I remember my mom baking the most delicious coffee cake for Christmas morning.  I have done the same since I was married.  My kids look forward to this every Christmas.  On Christmas Eve I did all my baking and cooking.  I was thrilled that I was getting everything done on time as we had to be at mass by 4:00.  Around 2:00 Chris went to put sugar in his cup of coffee.  After taking a sip he spit it out, immediately saying it tasted like salt.  He checked the sugar bowl.  Sure enough it was salt, not sugar!  The same bowl I used to do my baking!!!!  
Long story short, Hunter was playing a little joke a few days by switching the two, not knowing I would be using it to bake.  Lets just say a can laugh about it now but I was not too happy about braving the crowded stores at 2:00 to try and then bake what I could!  Oh Hunter what a story I will have for your children some day.
After Mass we headed to my Dad's side of the family for our traditional get together.  We had a great time and soon it was time to get into our matching jammies and head on home to feed the reindeer and put out Santa's cookies and milk!
Pretending to have Santa's cookies and milk!  Naughty! Ha!


Sprinkling the reindeer food

Every year the kids and I make Santa cookies together for Santa!














The two little ones were out in a flash.  Hunter and Hannah could hardly sleep. They were so excited.  Our rule is no one up before 7:00.  They were all so tired form the night before that they actually slept past this!
We had a great day.  Both Nana's and Papa's watched as the kids opened their presents.  Later in the day we went to Nana Rose and Papa Joe's for a yummy feast!
The day after Christmas was filled with 8 inches of fresh snow that the kids have been enjoying greatly!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pink snowman cupcake!! And such cute matching jammies (a new tradition I started with my two this year!)! Looks like a fabulous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete