jennifer

jennifer

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Trot your Turkey's Off!

      That's just what we did the day after Thanksgiving on a cold Friday morning.  My little Ry ran the one mile race with his Dad, while Finley and I ran the 5K.  So proud of all my boys!  Ryland won the one mile out of everyone, adults included.   That boy, so determined and competitive.  He started off so fast and I thought he would hit a wall for sure.  He showed me Ha!  He even showed Chris, who followed ever so slowly behind him.
      Finley did great too.  This 5k I did not race with him.  He ran with his friend, Chuck, and they finished strong.  Since I started working, I have been trying to keep my running up, but it has been hard to always fit it in so I really didn't have any expectations as to my time for this race.  It was so cold and my legs felt so heavy I thought I was running slow but, I actually beat my time from last year by 2 seconds.  Not too bad, 22 minutes exactly!  First in my age group. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment