jennifer

jennifer

Thursday, February 16, 2012

40 Random Thoughts about Turning 40!

                       I must admit, I have not been one to worry about my age.  I always looked forward to my birthdays and the new beginnings and promises the new year held.  Some people say thirty was a hard transition for them.  I never really gave it a second thought.  I was in the mist of mothering and having babies.  Honestly, I did not have time to think too much about it.
Fast forward ten years and it is somewhat a different story.  My children are older, which somehow makes me feel older.  I guess I have more time to think about turning 40.  Over the past few months, I convinced myself turing forty was NOT a BIG deal.  However, when the day arrived I was surprised to find myself an emotional mess.  Does the number really bother me?  Is my life really half over?  How did the time pass so quickly?   I am still trying to process it all.  I really don't know, but what I do know is this :

1.  I have my health.
2.  I have a wonderful Husband who I grow to love more each year.
3.  Four healthy kids that have taught me so much. 
4.  At 40 I get more sleep (no more babies keeping me awake).
5.  I get to focus a bit more on myself and my needs. 
6.  I want my kids to look back and have fond memories of their childhood and know that although I am far from perfect, I tried to be the best mom I could.
7.  I want my parents to know how much I appreciate them for all they have done for me and continue to do so. I could not ask for better parents.
8.  Life is not always fair but how we handle this is what is important.
9.  At forty, I have overcome a lot of fears and insecurities. 
10.  There are still things I worry about.
11.  All of my visions and aspirations I had when I was young did not play out.
12.  Some dreams were even better than I could have imagined.
13.  Some did not come true at all.
14.  I have learned that is O.K.
15.  I have loved deeply.
16.  I have hurt deeply.
17.  Life has taught me so much in forty years.
18.  I still have so much to learn.
19. I am happiest surrounded by family and friends.
20.  I have a love affair with coffee.  I will never give it up.
21.  I enjoy all things crafty.
22.  I am addicted to pinterest.
23.  I hope to get back to teaching someday.
24.  I do not enjoy the fact I have a few gray hairs.  Nothing a little color can't handle but nontheless, I don't like it.
25.  I do not like regrets.  I like to think of my mistakes as a way to grow.
26.  I love the beach and hope to live there with my husband when the kids have grown.
27.  I have learned that is o.k to have a voice.
28.  I don't have to be perfect.
29.  I am not over.
30.  I am just beginning.
31.  I will continue to grow.
32.  I am right where God wants me to be.
33.  I am finding peace in 40.
34.  I refuse to grow up!
35.  I can't believe I was twenty when my mom turned forty.
36.  I still look forward with great anticipation to what life has in store for me.
37.  I can't believe in ten years I will be fifty.
38.  Forty will seem so young then, Ha!
39.  I am beyond blessed and cannot praise God enough.
40.  I am happy to be at this place in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment