jennifer

jennifer

Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Madness!



O.K., so not really madness, but it is vacation week and that qualifies as some craziness in our household.  I am not going to lie.  I do love myself some routine and structured order.  Vacation is anything but that.  It is nice to sleep in and not have any deadlines.  But with the weather as its been, it makes it hard to plan.

So the first day of vacation starts out like this:


Followed by two more days very similar and ending with a day of freezing rain.  We can handle the snow around here, but freezing rain is no good for anyone.  No matter what you drive, you are going to be slipping and sliding.  This called for lots of change of plans followed by plenty of indoor time in our jammies!



Sometimes you have to get just a little creative around here so you don't go too crazy while you are stuck in.

Don't Ask!!!!


Of course there was a lot of these little people all over my house this week!


When we were finally able to get out the kids had fun bowling, swimming (indoors of course), sleeping at Nana and Papa's, going to the movies and shopping!
Hannah and I met up with my mom and mother-in-law to do something I have been so looking forward to.  Shopping for a dress for her first holy communion!  Seeing that she is my only daughter I want to make it special.  However, if this dress shopping is a for-shadowing of her wedding, than heaven help me.  Everyone has an opinion and they are not afraid to share it if you know what I mean!  Of course Hannah loved every over the top dress.  The more glitter and glam the better. The girl likes her fashion.   I like more classic styles and my mother-in-law just wants us to get whatever she likes! Sigh. . . I know in the end we will find the perfect dress but it's going to take some time!

I did sign the boys up for t-ball and soccer which is always exciting this time of year as it means spring will soon be here and all this snow will melt.  Hannah tried out for the play, "Charlottes Web" in our town this afternoon.  It will be her first play and she is really excited to see if she gets a part.

Hard to believe it is Sunday and I survived the week.  I love spending time with the children, but I have to admit I am looking forward to tomorrow when they are back to school and into a routine and I can get my house back in order.  Today it is in the fifties which makes me long for spring even more.  I know it is just a tease but I will take it!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from Jan's - your family is A-dorable!!!! You look fab - mom of 4!!

    ReplyDelete