jennifer

jennifer

Thursday, November 10, 2011

FAITH

Today I have a heavy heart.  My Aunt Diane has been battling breast cancer for the last ten years.  She has beat it two times.  Sadly, about a year ago, it came back!  She has had numerous treatments the past year which basically has kept her alive.  This week has brought some sad news.  There is nothing more they can do for her.  It is most likely her time.  
As I type this I feel a great sadness for my Aunt and My cousins Erin and Patrick.  They are young, in their twenties, not married.  Their Dad died unexpectedly a few years ago.  They are too young to loose their parents.  
My Aunt is a woman of strong faith and courage.  She never wavered from her faith throughout her sickness.  She knows God has a plan for her.  I feel BLESSED that she is such a great model of faith, living gods work each day.  I am THANKFUL she is my aunt who I look up to and admire.  Who I one day hope to encompass her strong faith.  
She feels this is the end for her.  She is not angry but is sad.  She does not want to leave her children  She is not ready, but has put all her trust in God.  
I am reminded how fragile life is and how important it really is to be THANKFUL for blessings each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. My heart just aches! I am so sad to hear her new, sad for her and her children losing both parents. I am so sorry your family is going through this around the holidays. They will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete