jennifer

jennifer

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Family Dinner


A great grey elephant, a little yellow bee, a tiny purple violet, a tall green tree, a red and white sailboat, on a blue sea: all these things You gave to me, when You made my eyes to see.  Blessings on the meal!

           My children learned this prayer in preschool.  I just love its simplicity and childlike feel.  We used it as a blessing in our home before meal time for many years.  Although my children now have learned more "grown up blessing" this is still one of their favorites and mine too.  It was one of their first experiences giving thanks and  understanding what that entails.  It opened up our dinner time discussion and now daily ritual of going around the table and picking one thing from that day we are each grateful for, doesn't matter how big or how small.  Just one positive thing to find in our day.  I love when Ryland, my youngest, will say "O.K. guys let's talk about the goodness in our day."  Melts my heart!



    Some of my favorite memories as a kid and even now have happened sitting around the dinner table.   Talking, laughing and listening to one another!  I feel so BLESSED to have this quality time with my family!



No comments:

Post a Comment