jennifer

jennifer

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Simple Sunday


Today I am THANKFUL for the simplicity this Sunday brings.  Where footballs are caught in the yard, leaves are raked into jumping piles and the sun delights us with no jacket weather.




Sundays are a day of football in our  home.  My boys love to play and watch football with the enthusiasm that they themselves are the professionals.  I LOVE football and it gives me nothing but joy to watch them!



 This past week has been rough.  My aunt passed away.  She had a beautiful service surrounded by her family and friends.  Remembering the wonderful person she was.  The beauty she possessed inside and out, the people she has touched through teaching, the church, and her service to the community.  She was truly a giving person who used her talents to help others.  Always positive and upbeat, even in her worst moments, always asking about you and what's going on in your life.
Her daughter Erin is just like her.  Optimistic and strong she gave a speech that brought the room to tears.  Still too young to have lost both her parents.



I am THANKFUL to have this Sunday to reflect, relax and relish in my family.  The hustle and bustle of last week is over, but will soon start again tomorrow.  I am Grateful to slow down today and head over to my parents for a nice comfy family dinner.  Being at my parents is like being wrapped in a warm comfy blanket.  You just want to stay forever. . . . what a great way to end the day!  I am BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment