jennifer

jennifer

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Grandparents

            Nana's and Papa's hold are tiny hands for just a little while. . . .but our hearts forever.
       
                                                       Author Unknown


        Growing up I spent lots of time with both my nana's and papa's.  I have such found memories cooking, sewing and sharing meals with them.  This time of year brings fourth a flood of memories and longings for the holiday traditions we shared.   In fact, it has only been a few years since my nana's past away.  My papas died much earlier.  
        As a mom, I love to see my children interact with their grandparents.  There is just something so special and heart warming.  My kids adore their grandparents and are fortunate to live so close to them and get to spend so much time with them.  




Nana Sharon and Papa Fred.  I feel so BLESSED to have such wonderful, loving and caring parents. Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday.  Happy Birthday Dad.  I love you!


       
            I feel so BLESSED to have such wonderful parents and in-laws.  They just adore my children and I am so THANKFUL for their presence and influence in my children's lives.
 

                                     Grandmothers - a wonderful mother with lots of practice!

Nana Rose and Papa Joe

     I know it may sound crazy, but I am actually looking forward to being a nana someday. . . not too soon I hope. I do often wonder how my children will be when they are grown and the relationship I will have with their children.  After all, it is such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother- that is why the world calls her grandmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment